Friday, 21 June 2013
How to: Do a Home Pedicure
Not going to lie but I can not stand feet, weather they are my own or other people. they completely freak me out! And making them acceptable is just the worst job in my books..
Your feet go threw so much from running up stairs to dancing in 6" heels. Its time they deserve a little treat in the form of Love and Attention.
- First remove any old nail varnish, and soak feet in warm water. While your feet are soaking why not grab a book? or watch a bit of TV? Only leave them soaking for a long as it takes to drink a cup of tea.
- Clip and file toenails straight
- Push back toe cuticles. They should be soft after soaking but if they are still a bit firm you can always use a cuticle softener.
- Use a pumice stone to smooth out any rough skin.
- Separate your toes. You can use tissue as a substitute as folding longways and twisting in and out between each toe, if you do not have a toe separator
- Apply a clear base coat and allow to dry. This is he perfect foundation so don't skip this stage.
- Apply Polish. for a deeper colour apply numerous coats.
- After they have completely dried apply a clear top coat to seal in all that colour.
And that is the easiest way I have found to do a home pedicure on a budget but still looking professional.
Happy Shopping Fellow Shopaholics!